Where can I find
bluefrog Plumbing + Drain™ services? How do I get back to the home page? Why can’t I find the local
phone number? These are just some of the questions consumers ask themselves
when looking for information on a poorly designed business website. If
your business website is not easily navigable, you are potentially losing
sales and turning away interested clients. So ask yourself, “Is
my website navigable?” If your answer is “no”, let’s
go over a few things that can be done to make your website more user-friendly.
1) Make It Respond to Their Device. Is your website providing a good experience across multiple devices? More
and more clients are turning to mobile and tablet devices to search for
businesses, including plumbers. If your website is not mobile-friendly,
you are alienating a large percentage of your potential clients. Responsive
websites are great for delivering a user experience that clients will
be familiar with as they change devices.
2) Don’t Interrupt. The last thing a potential client wants is to be distracted with an auto-playing
ad, popover ads, or background music. These interruptions make your site
less accessible, and therefore, less appealing.
3) Ensure Your Design is Consistent. Especially on larger or e-commerce sites, you want to make sure your audience
knows where they are, and that they can find where they’re going.
Does your website have an organized, standardized site-map or navigation bar?
4) Keep It Moving. People are generally impatient. It’s important to focus on your website
load time in order to keep people on your website. Some tips for improving
website speed are, limiting large videos, photos or flash items, reducing
the number of redirects, and compressing images and downloads into smaller
5) Create Concise Content. Content is one of the most important factors when it comes to converting
clients. Delivering content that is fresh, easy to read, informative,
and engaging is a major stepping stone to making your website more valuable.
Sticking to these tips will help ensure your business website is navigable
and functional. A website is the face of your business on the Internet
and can be a very powerful tool for success. We hope you find these website
tips helpful as you look for new ways to
grow your franchise!
All bluefrog Plumbing + Drain™ franchisees receive an easy-to-update
website template that follows all these guidelines. For more information
about updating your website, please email email@example.com.